Kristen Martini, Global Head of Client Services for ICP, offers the following learnings from CPG that M&E companies could apply to optimize their digital shelf.
Global Head, Client Services | ICP
- Connect all consumer touchpoints with data and interconnected systems that all talk to each other and the DAM. Using an intentional visual and editorial approach that can be connected across Marketing, CRM, In Product Notifications, and Brand Home Pages. Customers who see or read something about your brand must continue to engage with similar content as they proceed through your purchase or engagement funnel.
- Put intentional change management in place to bring disparate content & tools together.
- Prepare your systems for Personalization-at scale! Think about channel/shelf specialization and personalization – and how the content might change focus or look different across multiple platforms.
- Just as CPG buyers can look at a product from multiple angles, consider how live event viewers can more deeply interact with the product: rewind and fast forward to key plays in the game, designate their favorite player and watch a highlight reel, all enabled with content.
- Deploy content and customer experience strategists to retailer-specific shelves as CPG have done with a Wal-Mart or Marks & Spencer shopper for example. Content needs to be strategic, appropriate, and optimized for the specific channel, and you need to engage specifically for that channel.